11 August, 2009

Tomato and Rosemary Soup

This is the recipe I took from the book " The Food Doctor Diet ". This book was my 1st present from my lovely hubby when I 1st arrived US but I never try any of the recipe until today :)

The soup tasted good with the Rosemary fragrance and I wished you will like it too.

Ingredients:-
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 4 ribs celery, sliced
  • 2 carrot
  • 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
  • 2 tomato
  • 2-3 sprig fresh Rosemary
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 cube chicken stock
  • 4 cups water
Steps:-

1. Prepare all ingredients for use.

2. Heat the pan with 2 tbsp olive oil.
3. Add in garlic and fry until fragrance.
4. Add the onion, celery, carrot, and cook gently.
5. Pour the water in and the chicken @ chicken stock.
6. Cook until the water boiled and the vegetables begin to soften.
7. Stir in the tomatoes and add the rosemary and lemon juice.

8. Simmer for another 15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked but not mushy.
9. Remove the Rosemary and season with freshly ground black pepper ( I skipped the pepper because SB can't take spicy food ).

No comments: