- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tsp Chinese 5-spice powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp grated lime peel ( I skipped this as I don't have fresh lime )
- 1/2 cloves garlic ( finely chopped ) / 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes ( Optional )
- Pepper ( optional )
- Parsley ( optional )
- Salt ( as less & much )
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Coat fillets with oil and place skin side down in large baking dish.
- Sprinkle fillets with 5-spices powder, sugar, lime peel, lime juice, garlic/ garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake ,uncovered, 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
You can serve this dish with mushroom-bok choy mixture.
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tsp peeled grated fresh gingerroot
- 4 baby bok choy, halved and steamed
- Heat sesame oil in nonstick skillet.
- Add mushrooms and ginger, cook and stir until mushrooms are soft.
- Stir in Bok Choy and cook until heated through.
- Serve salmon over mushroom-bok choy mixture.