I'm impressed and often admire people who does nice cake decorations. I wish I could do that as well but I've never attend any cooking or baking class. For a start I bought a syringe icing set and this is my 1st try!
- 3 cups Softasilk cake flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened ( High altitude : Reduce to 1 cup )
- 1 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2- 2 tsp clear vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup seedless red raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F ( High altitude :375 degree F ) and grease the baking pan.
- Beat softened butter and sugar in a large bowl with electrical mixer on high speed until fluffy.
- Beat in cake flour,baking powder, baking soda, salt, milk, vanilla and eggs on medium speed until blended, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat 2 minutes longer.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
Raspberry Cream Frosting :-
- 1 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1-2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 - 4 cups powder sugar ( I like the cream not too sweet so I just used 2 cups )
- 1/2 cup Raspberry Syrup ( I replaced with 1/2 cup Seedless Raspberry Jam )
- Beat butter and vanilla with electrical mixture until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and syrup/ jam.
- Blend until well combined.
- Decorate the cake and refrigerate cake to set frosting.
- Garnish with fresh raspberry.
Allow cake to stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.
At the same time, I also did some cupcake for SB. I hope he will enjoy it during his tea break at office :)