07 August, 2009

Almond Biscute

I remember I used to spend lots of money to buy this cookies during Chinese New Year from my ex-colleague. My family love it very much especially my mom as well as my eldest sister, Janice and her husband. I never think of making it even though every time this cookies cost me a lot :)
But, today I decided to make some as I have additional almond. The result came out quite similar to the one I bought but the outlook is not perfect because I over baked it.

Ingredients:-
  • 100g almond ( sliced or whole )
  • 130g butter, soften at room temperature
  • 100g caster sugar
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 270g cake flour

Steps:-
  1. Pre heat the oven to 350 degree F.
  2. If you use the whole piece of almond, soak for 20 mins in warm water. Drain and set aside.
  3. Cream butter with caster sugar until white and fluffy.
  4. Add in egg and mixed well.
  5. Add in sieved flour and stir the mixture until well mixed.
  6. Add in almonds.

Shape the dough into a rectangular block and wrap with cling wrap.
Chill in the fridge until the dough is harden.
( Around 1 -1 1/2 hours )

Take out half of the dough and quickly cut the dough into thin slices
( 5mm thick ).

Lay on the baking pan.
Bake in the oven until slightly brown.
( Mine was too brown )
10 to 20 minutes depending on thickness of the slice.

Let it cool and store in container.

No comments: