- 1 1/2 pound chicken ( I used 2 boneless thigh and some cutted chicken breast )
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar ( or as your taste )
- 1 1/2 - 2 tbsp light soy sauce ( or as your taste )
- 4 star anise
- 1 medium size cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves garlic ( finely chopped )
- 1-2 inch old ginger ( sliced )
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
For Slow Cook:
Put all ingredients into your slow cooker and slow cook for few hours or until the gravy thicken.
For normal cook:-
- Heat your frying pan with 2 tbsp of cooking oil and saute garlic and ginger until fragrance or golden brown.
- Add in chicken, star anise, cinnamon stick and bring it to boil.
- Add in light soy sauce and sugar to taste.
- Turn the heat to slow and simmer it until the seasoning and gravy got thinken.