- 250 g pork ( finely chopped )
- 200g peeled shrimp ( finely chopped )
- 3 dry shitaki mushroom ( soak and chopped )
- 2 stalk spring onions ( finely chopped )
- 3 water chestnuts ( finely chopped )
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Chinese cooking wine
- salt & pepper to taste
- Wanton skin
- Green bean for garnish
- Carrot for garnish ( finely chopped ) or Roe
- Mixed all ingredients except wanton skin, green pea and carrot/ roe.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Trim the wanton skin to round shape and cover it with wet cloth to prevent the skins from turning dry.
- Put a piece of wanton skin on your palm and add 1 full tsp of filling in the centre.
- Wet the edge of the skin with water so that help it stick tightly.
- Gather up the side and squeeze lightly.
- Press down the filling and smoothen the surface.
- Sprinkle with a little chopped carrots or roe and green pea.
Steam for 10-15 minutes or until cooked. Remove and serve warm.If you cannot finished the Siew Mai at the same time, do not steam all. You can put it in the tupper ware and store in the fridge.