For frying the chicken :-
- 6-8 pieces chicken of your choice of chicken part ( I use boneless thigh and breast meat )
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp turmeric powder
- Oil for deep -frying
Coat the chicken well with salt and turmeric powder and deep fry until golden brown.Keep aside.
- 1 in ginger ( sliced )
- 2 shallot ( sliced )
- 1 red chili ( I replaced with green chili )
- 1 onion ( sliced )
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp thick dark soy sauce ( kicap pekat )
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce ( I skipped this and replace with dark soy sauce )
- 1/4-1/3 cup water
- Sugar to taste ( optional but I did add into my cook as I didn't use sweet soy sauce )
- Heat the wok with cooking oil and saute ginger and shallot until fragrance.
- Add water and all 3 soy sauce and stir well.
- Check the taste and add in sugar /light soy sauce if necessary. Let it boil.
- Once boiled, add in chicken, onion and chili.
- Flip the chicken so that they are well coat with soy sauce.
- Cook until the onion is soft and dish out.