- 1 Chinese Pomfret ( Tau Dai Cheong )
- 1/2 gloves small onion ( sliced )
- 3 gloves garlic ( finely chopped )
- 2 inch ginger ( sliced )
- 2 spring onion ( cut into 4 inch each )
- 2 tomatoes ( cut into 4 pieces each )
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/3 tsp salt ( more or less )
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 dried Chinese Mushroom ( soaked and sliced )
- Pinch of Tamarind/ Assam Jawa ( Optional : replace by plum or salted vegetable )
- Pinch of white pepper
- 2 dried chili ( soak and cut into small pieces ) / 2 Jalapeno Chili/ 2 Chili Paddy
- 1/4 cup water
- Clean the fish and prepare all the ingredients as mentioned.
- Marinate the fish with salt and white pepper. Put inside the steaming plate.
- Pour the rest of the ingredients into the steaming plate.
- Heat up the steamer to high heat.
- Steam the fish for 15 minutes or until cooked.
Ready to serve warm with white rice :)