- 300g glutinous rice flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6-8 pandan leaves juice ( blend with 1 cups coconut milk )
- 1 cup coconut milk ( blend with pandan leaves )
- 1/4 cup coconut milk ( more or less )
- 16 pcs 6" x 8" banana leaves ( soak in hot water and clean it )
- 300g fresh grated coconut
- 130g palm sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 pandan leave
- 2 tsp of cornstarch + 2 tbsp water
- Cook palm sugar and water until sugar really dissolved.
- Add in pandan leave and grated coconut and stir cook until the mixture nearly dry.
- Add in cornstarch mixture and still well until thicken.
- Dish out and let it cool.
- Mix flour, salt and coconut milk. Knead well.
- If the mixture too dry, add in a bit coconut milk and if too wet, add additional flour.
To Make Kuih:
- Pinch a small piece of dough and roll into a ball and then flatten the dough.
- Add in 1 tbsp of filling in the center and gather up the edges to seal the filling inside.
- Then, grease the banana leaves with cooking oil.
- Fold it into corn shape ( oiled is inside ), place dough ball into it and push gently to fill the tip of cone as much as possible.
- Fold the edges over the base to close.
- Steam for 15 minutes in slow boiling water.
- Cool before serve.